Seeking mercantile and tasting room associates for summer 2020!
Firehouse Wine Cellars is a beautiful urban tasting room and working winery in the heart of downtown Rapid City. We are known for our traditional-grape award-winning wines, live music and exemplary customer service.
The primary focus of our Tasting Room Associate is to create a memorable guest experience by sharing knowledge of wine, the wine-making process, and the history of the Firehouse company. The ideal candidate will be a team player, possess a strong work ethic, and have a true love for customer service.
Wage: DOE hourly plus tips and wine incentives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are essential functions of this job, however, management may assign additional duties and responsibilities at any time. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Greet guests in a friendly and hospitable manner.
• Meet and exceed Tasting Room sales goals by utilizing outstanding customer service skills.
• Promote brand awareness by educating guests on Firehouse Wine Cellars’ wines, winemaking techniques and history.
• Recruit members to the FWC exclusive wine club.
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions on the FWC POS software system.
• Manage wine and merchandise inventory.
• Maintain a positive and enjoyable work environment by being a team player.
• Serving and attending to guests during FWC public and private events both on and off premises.
• Complete opening and closing responsibilities which include cleaning and other tasks outlined in the Opening/Closing checklist.
• Attend scheduled education, training and other seminars.
• Find additional tasting room tasks to complete when business is slow.
• Interest in wines.
• Ability to sell the FWC product and offerings with a personal touch.
• Open availability – can work nights, weekends and around most holidays.
• Communicate with guests in a confident, knowledgeable, warm and friendly manner.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Has the ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Must be 21 years old.
• Ability to lift 35 lbs. frequently.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org